Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC bind trouble with bigint - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC bind trouble with bigint
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

"Ken J. Wright" wrote:

> With Delphi 4/ODBCExpress 5.04 and psqlodbc 6.40.0008, this error occurs
> when opening a dataset that includes an int8 column.
>
> Project1        ee:dc   ENTER SQLBindCol
>                 HSTMT               0x010b2138
>                 UWORD                        3
>                 SWORD                      -25 <SQL_C_SBIGINT>
>                 PTR                0x011b7574
>                 SDWORD                     0
>                 SDWORD *            0x011b75ac
>
> Project1        ee:dc   EXIT  SQLBindCol  with return code -1 (SQL_ERROR)
>                 HSTMT               0x010b2138
>                 UWORD                        3
>                 SWORD                      -25 <SQL_C_SBIGINT>
>                 PTR                0x011b7574
>                 SDWORD                     0
>                 SDWORD *            0x011b75ac
>
>                 DIAG [HYC00] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support
> this parameter (0)

I'm thinking this has to be an odbc 3.0 compatibility problem. The
default for odbc 2.x is that BIGINT uses a SQL_C data type of
SQL_C_CHAR.  I tested BindCol and it worked fine.  There is no
SQL_C_SBIGINT in odbc 2.x.   Seems to me the odbc 3.0 driver manager
should bridge the gap and use an SQL_C_CHAR for the driver side.

So, I don't know what to tell you.  I imagine you don't have any control
over the SQL_C_ data type, right?

Byron