Re: BUG #17800: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE fails to detect incompatible fields that leads to a server crash - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17800: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE fails to detect incompatible fields that leads to a server crash
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> I think there may be two different bugs here.  The coredump in the
> ON CONFLICT case goes back to v11 for me (and v10 doesn't support
> the primary-key-on-partition case at all, so this error may be
> aboriginal to the feature).  But I only see this "wrong type" failure
> in v14 and later.  I didn't try bisecting yet.

Bisecting produced some interesting results: the "wrong type"
failure has existed for a pretty long time on HEAD.  The reason
I don't see it on v13 etc is that commits 3f7323cbb et al fixed
it in those branches.  That's probably accidental, but I'm too
tired to poke at it more tonight.

            regards, tom lane