Re: About adding a new filed to a struct in primnodes.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: About adding a new filed to a struct in primnodes.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> writes:
> What I mean here is something like below.

What exactly would be the value of that?

There is work afoot, or at least on people's to-do lists, to mechanize
creation of the outfuncs/readfuncs/etc code directly from the Node
struct declarations.  So special cases for particular fields are going
to be looked on with great disfavor, even if you can make a case that
there's some reason to do it.  (Which I'm not seeing.  We've certainly
never had to do it in the past.)