Max Precision/Scale of Postgres Numeric Type? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Max Precision/Scale of Postgres Numeric Type?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,

I'm implementing the Postgres Numeric Type in the odbc driver, and was
wondering what the maximum precision and scale for the postgres
"numeric" type is?  It seems pretty huge -- I tried numeric(150, 100 )
with no problem!

Note, this is not the precision/scale returned in the atttypmod field
which I use for SQLColumns and SQLDescribeCol/SQLColAttributes, but for
the SQLGetTypeInfo odbc function, which needs maximums for the data type
itself.

Thanks,

Byron