Re: [ADMIN] ugly name clash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sarah Officer
Subject Re: [ADMIN] ugly name clash
Date
List pgsql-general
When I examine the Oracle and Postgres sqlca.h files, I notice that
they define the same structure.  Both structures have the same
element names, though Oracle has a few additional names that my
program didn't access.  With one exception, the elements are the
same sizes.  The major difference, which caused my program to fail
to link, is that Oracle instantiates the object and Postgres does
not.

I have solved my problem, but I'm curious about the similarity
between the two files.  Is "sqlca" some standard SQL object that
every SQL compatible relational database uses?  How did Postgres &
Oracle manage to come up with identical member names?  Was it
designed for compatibility between the two systems?

Sarah
officers@aries.tucson.saic.com