Re: [GENERAL] weird sum() results - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hitesh Patel
Subject Re: [GENERAL] weird sum() results
Date
List pgsql-general
 I can understand that.  What's weird is that I can do a sum(amount) on
 the whole table and the value comes out to only My only problem is that
 the amount field is the money type and doesn't like the casting now.  A

         SELECT SUM(amount::float8) FROM table where state = 'CA';

 returns

         ERROR: No such function 'float8' with the specified attributes

 And again i'm stuck :-)

 Thanks in advance for any help.
--
| Hitesh Patel              |  Voice: (541) 759-3126     |