Re: [GENERAL] Trigger problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Loehr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Trigger problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Sarah Officer wrote:

> > delete from istatus where status_code = 'A1';
> ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 18848: cache lookup failed
>
> What is the problem with the cache lookup?  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

I seem to recall that kind of message often shows up when you have
dropped and recreated the function, thinking that the trigger would be
able to find your new function, when in fact it cannot.  If you
drop/recreate the function, you must then also drop/recreate the
trigger.  Bummer, but I believe that is going to be fixed sometime
soon IIRC.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr