Re: [HACKERS] Faster methods for getting SPI results (460%improvement) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Faster methods for getting SPI results (460%improvement)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Faster methods for getting SPI results (460% improvement)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/6/17 03:50, Craig Ringer wrote:
> But otherwise, pending docs changes, I think it's ready for committer.

My opinion is still that this is ultimately the wrong approach.  The
right fix for performance issues in PL/Python is to change PL/Python not
to materialize the list of tuples.  Now with this change we would be
moving from two result materializations to one, but I think we are
keeping the wrong one.