After enabling the "no-flush" option, can I force a flush adhoc? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Larson
Subject After enabling the "no-flush" option, can I force a flush adhoc?
Date
List pgsql-general
For performance reasons, everyone is pushing the "no-flush"
option, and I can see why -- it is incredibly fast in comparison
to running without it.

However, I would feel more comfortable if I had an option to
force a flush.  There are times during the day when there is
larger amounts of activity, but during the quieter times, I would
like to be able to revert back to the "flush" mode -- because
of the data loss threat.

Is there an API that I can invoke when I deem appropriate?

I would like to be able to either force a flush to occur right
now, or, preferably, to be able to switch operating modes
("flush" or "no-flush") on demand.