Re: Possible to modify query language in an extension? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible to modify query language in an extension?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris Cleveland <ccleve+github@dieselpoint.com> writes:
> I'd like to add some keywords/clauses to the SELECT statement.

Yeah, you'll have to modify gram.y (and a pile of other places)
if you want to do that.  That's certainly something we do all
the time, but bison doesn't provide any way to add grammar
productions on-the-fly, so it does imply core-code mods.

> ... The new SELECT would return multiple result sets.

And that sounds like you'd also be redefining the wire protocol,
hence having to touch client-side code as well as the server.