Re: select fails on indexed varchars. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: select fails on indexed varchars.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alex Krohn <alex@gossamer-threads.com> writes:
> So I added:
> LANG=C
> LC_ALL=C
> to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres file and stop, restarted the server. I
> then dropped and recreated the database. However still same results.

LC_COLLATE overrides LC_ALL, I think --- didn't you previously show us
that all the LC_xxx family variables were set in your default
environment?  You may need to set (or unset if you prefer) all of 'em.

Also, I'd really recommend an initdb, not the above half-baked approach,
because the above will not fix any problems that the template1 indexes
might have with a changed sort order.

            regards, tom lane