Re: initdb, separate fileystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb, separate fileystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
> I've got Postgres (v7.1.2) installed on HPUX 11.11. My Postgres install
> is in /opt/pgsql. I'd like to setup the data directory to be
> /pgsql-data. Because this directory is a mount of a separate filesystem,
> HPUX has created a "lost+found" directory in it. When I run "initdb -D
> /pgsql-data", I get: [ a complaint ]

Make a subdirectory /pgsql-data/data, and point initdb at that.

> Is this a bug?

I don't think so.  initdb should be paranoid about overwriting valid
data, and I don't really see that it's worth making a special case for
lost+found, when the one-more-subdirectory answer is so easy.

            regards, tom lane