Re: server resetting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: server resetting
Date
List pgsql-general
Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net> writes:
> Problem is, we seem to be having a problem with this reset issue and I
> don't see a correlation in the backtraces.  Most of them are in fact
> related to inserts, but there are at least three different tables
> involved.  There are also some where an INSERT is not involved.  I've
> attached three more backtraces from different core files to provide
> further data and hopefully pinpoint this issue.

Well, these make it clear that you've got some pretty big chunks of
nonstandard code in the backend, so my first thought is that there's a
memory-clobber bug somewhere in that.  It might be worth trying to run
the code with a debugging malloc library (ElectricFence or some such)
to try to locate the culprit.

            regards, tom lane