Re: [GENERAL] Index pg_proc_prosrc_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (1071)ISNOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (1070) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Loehr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Index pg_proc_prosrc_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (1071)ISNOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (1070)
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The only way to fix that is to initdb, I think.  I would recommend
> pg_upgrade, after removing the disable from the pg_upgrade script that
> was added in 6.5.  That will fix it.  Not sure how it got that way,
> though.

El dope primero aqui...

Thanks for the tip.  Here's what I had to do to make this work, for what it's worth
to future travelers...

Cheers,
Ed Loehr

psql -d mydb -c "select * from title;" > before
                                             # Save for after cmp test...
cd /usr/local/pgsql                          # my install root...
vacuumdb mydb                                # clean up before moving...
cp -pr data data.backup                      # make a backup...
pg_dumpall -s > schema.sql                   # dump schema w/out data...
killall postmaster                           # stop the server...
sleep 3
mv data data.old                             # set it aside...
cd /usr/src/pgsql/src                        # to the src tree...
gmake install                                # reinstall binaries...
cd /usr/local/pgsql                          # back to my install root...
initdb                                       # recreate template1, sys stuff...
postmaster -i -o "-F -S 4096 -s" >& log &    # restart server...
sleep 3
pg_upgrade -f schema.sql data >& upgrade.log # reload schema...
cp -p data.old/base/mydb/* data/base/mydb/   # replace data...
psql -d mydb -c "select * from title;" > after
                                             # verify we still have data...
diff before after                            # quick sanity check...