Re: Followup to my bug report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dalphin
Subject Re: Followup to my bug report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hmmm, I thought I had tested for that. It seemed to me that functions were evaluated
at run-time, so any reference in a function to a table would not be noticed until
that function was actually called (this is for PL/pgsql where I know that even stupid
syntax errors are not caught until run-time). The SQL parser, however, does check
that the function exists before one can create the table...

Thank you for following up on this.
Mark