Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>     From my point of view, we could start BETA for a 6.6.6 when I
>     have the temp file buffered queue and the multibackend driver
>     plus a test suite ready.

If y'all need some help to get the FK stuff farther along, a 6.6
release will help on that imho. It takes the immediate pressure off of
the other developers, and they can choose to continue with their
developments or to take a breather and help out the 6.6 release.

The fact that more work needs to be done on FKs etc to enable a 6.6
release is not fatal; that is an issue for every release on one topic
or another.

I haven't heard anything (yet) which would be a show stopper imho, and
I'd *really* like to decouple some of the changes coming up. In
particular, I could commit "join syntax" for 6.6, and then work on the
query tree redesign for 7.0...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California