Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Then why not just move 7.0 up to Mar/Apr (or even Feb/Mar) and plan on
> the other new stuff for 7.1 if it's not ready?

Even though we make pretty major changes for "minor releases", istm
7.0 should be the release which is the sum of what we've been working
towards in the v6.x series. It would include WAL, outer joins,
integrated date/time, reworked locking, referential integrity,
reworked parse/query tree, yada yada yada...
               - Thomas

South Pasadena, California