Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tim Holloway
Subject Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I hope you don't mind being superseded. I hope (FINALLY!) to be able to post
the patches for the log subsystem in the next week or three. The log system
has a fairly sophisticated set of options which required a config file of
its own. Rather than have two options file, I absorbed pg_options and made
a general options file: "postgres.conf".

Could you accept this:
 /* postgres.conf */ environment {port 5432;pidfile "/usr/local/pgsql/data";/* etc. */ }
 debugging {    /* pg_options info */ }
 logging {    /* logging info */ }

For more info, see http://216.199.14.27/
   regards,
      Tim Holloway

The logger supports reporting the run environment, BTW. I find
that way I don't pick up the wrong config file and only "think" I
know what options are in effect (it also reports where it GOT
the config file).