Re: Small code cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Small code cleanup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> One line change to remove a duplicate check.

The comment just above this mentions a connection to the "Finish printing
the footer information about a table" stanza below.  I think some work is
needed to clarify what's going on there --- it doesn't seem actually
buggy, but there are multiple lies embedded in these comments.  I'm also
questioning somebody's decision to wedge partitioning into this logic
without refactoring any existing if's, as they seem to have done.  At the
very least we're issuing useless queries here, for instance looking for
inheritance parents of matviews.