Too large of a tuple corrupts table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Stolk
Subject Too large of a tuple corrupts table
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I seem to have a problem here.  When I try to insert a tuple that is
larger than 8192 bytes, I get an error message saying that the tuple is
too large.  Ok, that's fine.  But the problem is that the table seems to
become corrupted.  After I do this insert statement I went to psql and
did a select on the table (which doesn't have any tuples in it).  So far
so good.  But then I inserted a tuple that wasn't too large and when I
did a select on the table, I got an error message about the backend
going down or something like that.  However, I then inserted another
tuple (that wasn't too large) into the table and it seemed to go fine
and when I looked at the file size of that table in the database's data
directory, the size went up.  So the insert seems to still work but the
select doesn't?!?!  What's going on here?

Thanks for any help, Daniel Stolk