Re: Silent overflow of interval type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Silent overflow of interval type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nick Babadzhanian <pgnickb@gmail.com> writes:
> Please find attached the v2 of the said patch with the tests added.

Pushed with light editing (for instance, I don't think interval.sql
is the place to test timestamp operators, even if the result is an
interval).

> I don't know how the decision on
> backpatching is made and whether it makes sense here or not.

We haven't got a really hard policy on that, but in this case
I elected not to, because it didn't seem worth the effort.
It seems fairly unlikely that people would hit this in production.
Also there's the precedent that related changes weren't backpatched.