Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: refactoring basebackup.c (zstd workers)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> [ v5-0001-Replace-BASE_BACKUP-COMPRESSION_LEVEL-option-with.patch ]

Coverity has a nitpick about this:

/srv/coverity/git/pgsql-git/postgresql/src/common/backup_compression.c: 194 in parse_bc_specification()
193             /* Advance to next entry and loop around. */
>>>     CID 1503251:  Null pointer dereferences  (REVERSE_INULL)
>>>     Null-checking "vend" suggests that it may be null, but it has already been dereferenced on all paths leading to
thecheck.
194             specification = vend == NULL ? kwend + 1 : vend + 1;
195         }
196     }

Not sure if you should remove this null-check or add some other ones,
but I think you ought to do one or the other.