Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extend framework from commit 53be0b1ad to report latch waits. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extend framework from commit 53be0b1ad to report latch waits.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extend framework from commit 53be0b1ad to report latch waits.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Extend framework from commit 53be0b1ad to report latch waits.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/4/16 11:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Apparently, 'make world' does not build worker_spi.  I thought 'make
>> world' was supposed to build everything?
>
> You'd have thunk, yeah.  It looks like the issue is that src/Makefile
> is selective about recursing into certain subdirectories of test/,
> but mostly not test/ itself.  src/test/Makefile naively believes it's
> in charge, though.  Probably that logic ought to get shoved down one
> level, and then adjusted so that src/test/modules gets built by "all".
> Or else teach top-level "make world" to do "make all" in src/test/,
> but that seems like it's just doubling down on confusing interconnections.

We generally don't build test code during make world.

The reason src/Makefile does that is probably because pg_regress is part
of the installation.

So this looks more or less correct to me.