Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.)
Date
In response to Re: Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] Running make check-world in buildfarm (was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use SASLprep to normalize passwords for SCRAMauthentication.)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 04/08/2017 02:49 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> Yes, I don't want just to run check-world.
>> Yup.  The situation with the TAP tests (bin-check step) is already a
>> usability fail: when there's a failure, your first problem is to root
>> through megabytes of poorly-differentiated logs just to figure out
>> what actually failed.  Treating all of check-world as a single buildfarm
>> step would be a disaster.
>>
>>> Instead of just adding targets to check-world, perhaps we need to look
>>> at what we can do so that the buildfarm client can discover what checks
>>> it might run and run them, just as we specify test schedules for pg_regress.
>> +1.  In the meantime, is there any chance of breaking down bin-check into
>> a separate step per src/bin/ subdirectory?
>>

> Possibly. I will look when I go to do the missing checks, later today or
> tomorrow.

OK, crake is running this code now.  See
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2017-04-09%2001%3A58%3A15?

I've left off the SSL tests for now. We should look into how we can do
that more safely. Meanwhile Heikki is running the tests.

Note that some of these tests are quite expensive in terms of time,
particularly recover, subscription and pg_rewind.

This who want to play along can get the bleeding edge code from git,
either by cloning or grabbing a zip of the latest code. I have one or
two things I want to do before wrapping up another client release.

cheers

andrew