Re: [SQL] type conversions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From De Moudt Walter
Subject Re: [SQL] type conversions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Baris,
Think i found something for you. In pg_proc (a table you can and querry
in any postgres database - try "select * from pg_proc) i found the
following :

float4_text accepts float4 returns text
float8_text    float8        text
int2_text    int2        text
int4_text    int4        text
int8_text    int8        text
text_float4    text        float4
text_float8    text        float8
text_int2......    .    .
I think all these functions work with the argument between brackets ()
as any function in (almost) any language, but haven't tested them yet
though.

If You run into problems with fonctions or procedures, you should look
at this table, as well as at the pg_operator table. They are very
instructive, and speak for themselves, with some assumptions :-)

Hope it helps,

regards from Walter De Moudt
(sorry for the sloppy layout, had a drink tonight :-s)