Re: [SQL] Redhat 6.0 Link Error: Undefined Reference to crypt - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From De Moudt Walter
Subject Re: [SQL] Redhat 6.0 Link Error: Undefined Reference to crypt
Date
List pgsql-sql
Robert,
I got the same message after running X. I re-installed my RedHat without
postgreSQL, created a user postgres, downloaded the latest version of
postgresql (a couple of days ago)- redhat 6.0 RPM version, and
everything seems to work well (for) now...

Hope it helps,
ps. The updated libraries when installing both the server and client
package are :

files:
libecpg.so.3.0.0
libpq.so.2.0
libpq++.so.3.0
links:
libecpg.so
libecpg.so.3
libpq.so
libpq.so.2
libpq++.so
libpq++.so.3

All residing in /usr/lib.

So if you don't install the development packages, it's not that
difficult to restore the links and files after un-installing Postgres.
That is, if you take notes before installing it... :-)

Wish you luck,

De Moudt Walter