Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Maintaining a list of pgindent commits for "git blame" to ignore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Attached is my .git-blame-ignore-revs file, which has pgindent commits
> that I'd like to exclude from git blame. The file is helpful on its
> own. But what we really ought to do is commit the file (perhaps with
> some revisions) and require that it be maintained by the official
> project workflow documented at src/tools/pgindent/README.

I don't object to maintaining such a file; if it makes "git blame"
work better, that's a huge win.  However, the file as you have it
seems rather unreadable.  I'd much rather have something that includes
the commit date and/or first line of commit message.  Is there any
flexibility in the format, or does git blame insist it be just like this?