(no subject) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From awer
Subject (no subject)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
If PostgreSQL failed to compile on your computer or you found a bug that
is likely to be specific to one platform then please fill out this form
and e-mail it to pgsql-ports@postgresql.org.

To report any other bug, fill out the form below and e-mail it to
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org.

If you not only found the problem but solved it and generated a patch
then e-mail it to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org instead.  Please use the
command "diff -c" to generate the patch.

You may also enter a bug report at http://www.postgresql.org/ instead of
e-mail-ing this form.

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               :       Andreas Werner
Your email address      :    aw@kammer.uni-hannover.de

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)         : Intel Pentium II

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  : Linux 2.2.7

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.4.2)  :   PostgreSQL-6.4.2

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)           : binary distributed
with SuSE 6.1

I use psgl with Perl-Postgres.pm and Apache 1.3. The problem is: i'm
getting uncomplete answere for my query and the following log-messages:

!(( ((buffer) < 0) ? ((buffer) >= -NLocBuffer && LocalRefCount[-(buffer)
- 1] > 0) : ( ((buffer<1) || (buffer>(NBuffers))) ? ((char) 0) :
(PrivateRe
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to
terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(( ((buffer) < 0) ? ((buffer) >= -NLocBuffer &&
LocalRefCount[-(buffer) - 1] > 0) : ( ((buffer<1) ||
(buffer>(NBuffers))) ?

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below: