Re: Segmentation Fault PG 14 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Segmentation Fault PG 14
Date
List pgsql-general
Willian Colognesi <willian_colognesi@trimble.com> writes:
> Looks like we can confirm that the jit disable fixed the problem, because
> since yesterday when I disabled jit, the database did not restarted again,
> and before it the database was restarting at least once per hour.

Hmm.  I now recall that we had a previous report of problems with
JIT on aarch64/Focal:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20220303150428.GA26036%40depesz.com

That was LLVM 9 not LLVM 10, but since we never identified the exact
issue, there's no real strong reason to suppose it's been fixed.

Probably keeping JIT off is the best answer for you --- it's hard to
say when we'll be able to make progress with this, given the lack of
reproducible test cases.

            regards, tom lane