Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
Re: Commit fest queue  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
>  > The bug trackers I've dealt with haven't got much flexibility in this
>  > respect either --- the sorts of global views you can get are entirely
>  > determined by the tool. I'm fairly certain that a tracker designed around
>  > the assumption that different entries are essentially independent isn't
>  > going to be very helpful.
>
>  I'm sure trac has a solution for this, I'm curious to hear how it works.

In Trac, if I just want to loosely associate several tickets together
I'd use *keywords*, e.g., put "index am" in the keywords list for
several tickets, and then they'll show up prominently when I search
for those terms.

If I want something more structured I'd use a *milestone*.  I'd create
an "Index AM" milestone and attach all the relevant tickets to it.
Then I can easily pull up a report of all open tickets on the Index AM
milestone (or all closed tickets, or all tickets regardless of status,
or all tickets assigned to me, or all tickets not assigned to anyone
yet, or ...)

Cheers,
BJ