Re: gettime() - a timeofday() alternative - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: gettime() - a timeofday() alternative
Date
Additional current timestamp values  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On 8/7/05, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose to add an internal function gettime() that transparently
> returns the current system time, as a timestamptz with maximum
> precision.

Here's the patch.

The changes to pg_proc.h, timestamp.h and timestamp.c are trivial.
The changes to func.sgml are more comprehensive; I've split the
section on Current Date/Time into two subsections, one that explains
the transaction time functions and one for the system time functions.

--
BJ

Attachment