Re: timestamp default values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: timestamp default values
Date
List pgsql-general
Here we go ... line 498 of backend/utils/adt/datetime.c:

/* Used for SET australian_timezones to override North American ones */
static datetkn australian_datetktbl[] = {
    {"acst", TZ, POS(38)},        /* Cent. Australia */
    {"cst", TZ, POS(42)},        /* Australia Central Std Time */
    {"east", TZ, POS(40)},        /* East Australian Std Time */
    {"est", TZ, POS(40)},        /* Australia Eastern Std Time */
    {"sat", TZ, POS(38)},
};

"sat" is being parsed as a timezone.  Probably "South Australian Time".

I'm guessing the parser is throwing an error because it thinks I'm
trying to give it two different timezones.

Are there any good reasons why the output of timeofday() needs to
include the three letter day-of-week?  Could we either remove it, or
perhaps change it to the full day-of-week (e.g. "Saturday"), which
cannot be confused with a timezone?