Re: function fails where individual statements succeed - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rosser Schwarz
Subject Re: function fails where individual statements succeed
Date
List pgsql-sql
while you weren't looking, Tom Lane wrote:

[...]

> If you want to encapsulate this set of operations in a function, I'd
> suggest using plpgsql and being careful to EXECUTE each query rather
> than letting plpgsql try to cache a plan for it.

We've opted to simply script issuing the statements serially, rather
than as a function for this one.  Your explanation makes sense, Tom,
though I'm curious why it works in our long-running case (beyond the
issue of fewer indices there).  Given that, I'm going to move that we
adopt the serial issuance approach for that process, to save off the
error eventually cropping up there, too.

Dankeschoen,

/rls

--
:wq