Re: [HACKERS] How to add a new build-in operator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How to add a new build-in operator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm planning to implement a new type of scan,scan by TID.
> It's on TODO      * Allow WHERE restriction on ctid.
> First,I want to define an equal operator between TID.
> Seems OID's 1700-1799 are reserved for numeric type.
> Can I use 1800 as its OID ?

Certainly, or perhaps it would be better to recycle an OID from
farther down? We have some open values, and if you only need a few it
would work well.

You probably already know this, but just in case,

cd src/include/catalog
./unused_oids

will help you find some OIDs to use.
                  - Thomas