Re: [HACKERS] Hierarchical query? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Hierarchical query?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> I may have missed some discussions, but I want to know if there are any
> plans on implementing something like the hierarchical query that Oracle
> has?

It should be in the TODO under some weird name derived from SQL3 docs ;)

> You know, this would greatly simplify the task of writing the accounting
> system I'm planning :-)

One more general approach would be to enable functions to return rowsets
like ordinary selects do, then it would be easy to write a function for
the above.

Currently it can be implemented using a function and temp tables, but it
gets a bit convoluted .

-------
Hannu