[HACKERS] Postgres Performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Edwin Ramirez
Subject [HACKERS] Postgres Performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am using Postgres extensively for a number of projects.  I am
extremely happy with its performance and flexibility.  I am trying to
optimize the system, currently I run the postmaster with the following
setting: postmaster -i -B 2048 -o '-S 2048'

I have a couple of large(?) tables which I would like to keep them in
memory (cached) so that searches are performed as fast as possible.

Is it possible to 'pin' the tables and it's indexes in memory?
Are there any other options/values which would yield better performance?

Thanks,
-Edwin S. Ramirez-