Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rui DeSousa
Subject Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Date
List pgsql-admin
Sure it does… what happens if the archive server gets full? There is a situation that can fool rsync into thinking it
wassuccessfully transferred as rsync only relies on filesystem metadata to verify the file is different.  The “-c”
optionwill validate the file using a checksum and not just rely on just filesystem metadata.

Trust me on this one; I’ve seen this happen.

> On Feb 28, 2018, at 1:05 PM, scott ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 28, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Rui DeSousa <rui.desousa@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just use "-ac”;  you want -c option to ensure no data corruption during the transfer.  Do not delete the file; let
Postgresmanage that.