PgAccess and arrays - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Spirou
Subject PgAccess and arrays
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
It seems that pgAccess has as much trouble as I have with arrays ...
and perhaps more since I can't even run the queries below in it.

Does anyone have information on those damned arrays ?

Here is the text of a message I have posted on NOVICE
without success up to now.

********************************

I'd like to make some selections on values in arrays.
I know I could use a more 'SQL-correct' way to achieve this.
(create another table, link it to the first one and so on.)
But I was playing with arrays and I was wondering ...

I give an exemple to make my question clear (I hope)

let's say I store some values in a 2 dim array :
       create table myfunction (               id      int4,               name    text,               args
text[][]);
       insert into myfunction       values( 1,               'func1',               '{{"key1", "value1"}, {"key2",
"value2"}}');      insert into myfunction       values( 2,               'func2',               '{{"key1", "value1"},
{"key2","value5"}, {"key3",

"value2"}}');
everything's OK.

I can store my values.
I can retrieve them :       select args from myfunction where name = 'func1';
or       select myfunction.args[1][2] where id = 2;
or even       select myfunction.args[1:1][1:2] where id = 2;
with some trial & errors it works.

But I can't manage to look into myfunction.args,
I mean something like       select name from myfunction        where myfunction.args [][2] = 'value2';
or       select name from myfunction        where myfunction.args ~~ '%value2%';
if I don't know where is value2 in my array (if it exists).
Which operators can I use ?
How can I inspect an array-field ?

Any information on arrays would be welcome.

--
Spirou
Un club Linux pour les Carolos -->