Re: [GENERAL] Search - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles Darold
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Search
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

For case insensitive you must use the regexp search as follow :

SELECT title, firstname, lastname, description FROM stuff
 WHERE title *~ '.*<keyword>.*' AND firtsname *~ '.*<keyword>.*';

> P.S.:  as far as I know there is no locale for  windows-1251  and,
>  unfortunately,  I can't store data in koi8-r whose locale present
>  in almost all UNIX'es.

I don't know about windows-1251. Perhaps this can't help you. But if
you have japanese in you database, you can proceed a search on it so
why not windows-1251 ?

A+

Gilles