Re: oids and pg_class_oid_index constraint violations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: oids and pg_class_oid_index constraint violations
Date
List pgsql-general
"Aaron Harsh" <ajh@rentrak.com> writes:
> We've just recently started seeing sporadic constraint violations on system tables.  For example:
>   duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_class_oid_index" [for Statement "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE...

OID wraparound would explain that ...

> and the occasional
>   unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value

... but not that.  The latter might possibly be due to a corrupt index
on a toast table.  If you have a reproducible way of causing it, I'd
definitely love to see it.

            regards, tom lane