RewriteDefine.c : Rule size - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Olivier Ertz
Subject RewriteDefine.c : Rule size
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,
I'm using Postgres 6.4.2.
I want to create a view, but a message appear :ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.
What could be the solution to avoid the problem? In fact, I have 31
columns in a table, and i want to make a view on this table (with
a line restrict = WHERE clause).
I watched the RewriteDefine.c code and saw : #define RULE_PLAN_SIZE BLCKSZ
I thought changing the value of this size, but I don't find the
place to modify the BLCKSZ value.
But, before doing the modification and recompile, I would like to
have your opinion on the problem...perhaps is there an easier way to
resolve the problem.
Thank you for answering
--
ERTZ Olivier - ertz@illite.u-strasbg.fr - Tel 03 88 35 85 87