Re: Silencing upcoming warning about stack_base_ptr - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Silencing upcoming warning about stack_base_ptr
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-02-17 18:44:27 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (that's visible now on buildfarm member caiman).  We probably
>> should take some thought for silencing this before it starts
>> to be in people's faces during routine development.

> We could try using __builtin_frame_address(0) when available, presumably gcc
> won't warn about that...

Oh, I didn't know about that.  Seems like a better option since
then we don't need any API changes at all.  Maybe at some point
some non-gcc-alike will start delivering a comparable warning,
but then we could fall back to what I did here.