No such connection NULL from ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Phil Moors
Subject No such connection NULL from ECPG
Date
Re: [INTERFACES] No such connection NULL from ECPG  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-interfaces
My program compiles without errors. When the binary is run, I get:
No such connection NULL from line 384.

Line 384 is:
       while(!sqlca.sqlcode){ blah blah blah }

My connect line is 374:
       EXEC SQL CONNECT 'macs';

Ecpg expands this to:
       { ECPGconnect(__LINE__, NULL,"macs",NULL,NULL, 0);}

I found a post in the 'general' mailing list from 1998 that suggests that
the expansion should be:
       { ECPGconnect(__LINE__, "macs",NULL,NULL,NULL, 0);}

Am I barking up the wrong tree?
I recompiled and installed ecpg as root just to make sure I was not missing
anything and still get the same expansion.

TIA
Phil
--
pmoors@phillips.com | Speaking for himself only.
What if there were no hypothetical situations? --Andrew Kohlsmith