Arrays in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steffen Zimmert
Subject Arrays in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

since I have serious problems with some of the features of the JDBC
driver I am searching for a different way to store the following
structure efficiently in the PostgreSQL database.

How can I store an array of double numbers and retrieve it without
creating a row for each entry? I read something about arrays in
PostgreSQL and I wonder if this feature can be used to retrieve the
whole array at once instead of retrieving the entries sequentially?

--
Best Regards,
Steffen Zimmert

Steffen Zimmert
Fraunhofer Center for Research in Computer Graphics
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
email: szimmert@crcg.edu