Re: [GENERAL] ?more? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Hoffmann
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ?more?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff MacDonald wrote:

> When I do a large select , the results all zip past the screen
> . How do I make it go page by page ? I figure this has to do
> with a term setting, my default term setting is 'linux' .
> I tried vt100 and vt220 .
>
> Perhaps this is a linux-ism ?
>
> Thanks
>    Jeff

look into using cursors.  that way you can fetch a few records at a time
from a select.
also make sure to put it in a begin - end transaction block.  i think
you can get help on declare in psql, which should tell you what you need
to know. an example of doing this would be something like:

begin;
declare cursor_name cursor for select * from test_table;
fetch 20 in cursor_name;
end;