6.5 & Unicode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Warnock
Subject 6.5 & Unicode
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We are using Postgresql 6.4 in some projects. We have added Postgresql
support to the Locomotive Application Server (this is an Open Source
pure Java app server).

We would like to use Postgresql 6.5 for more projects BUT for these we
have to use Unicode (currently we have English, Danish, Estonian,
Latvian, Maltese data in the same database. We will be adding Russian
and Arabic later). At the moment we are using Interbase as the dbms.

I have been looking at the docs about Unicode but it is not clear to me
how much support there is and what the limitations are.

I only need to use Java to access these databases so does the jdbc
driver work with unicode in Postgresql?

Thanks

Dave

--