Re: [GENERAL] PL/pgsql problem in 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PL/pgsql problem in 6.5
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have just installed PostgreSQL 6.5 and encountered problems with
> PL/pgsql: On an insert into a table which has a before-insert trigger
> I get the following error message:
>
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: >/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so:
>              undefined symbol: SPI_push

At a wild stab in the dark, you installed over an old version of postgresql.

Try running ldconfig (as root), which updates your system and tells it where to
find the latest shared libraries. You may be referencing an old shared library
that is missing some functions.

If that doesnt work, maybee manually remove any out of date postgresql
libraries (just rename them, dont delete them in case they turn out to be
needed {:-) )

This is just a guess, but it is what the error message says to me {:-)