Re: [GENERAL] Rebuilding Primary Key??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Reinke
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Rebuilding Primary Key???
Date
List pgsql-general
psql database
 drop index table_pkey;
 create unique index table_pkey on table (field1, fiel2);
 \q

Tim Perdue wrote:

> How in the world do you rebuild the primary key table in Postgres?
>
> I've sent a few messages to hackers and don't get much response, but in a
> nutshell, there is a problem with pgsql in that sometimes you can get
> duplication in the primary key.
>
> I eliminated the duplicates from the table today, but postgres still is
> confused.
>
> Basically, I want to rebuild that _pkey table that postgres creates.
>
> Tim Perdue
> PHPBuilder.com / GotoCity.com / Geocrawler.com

Thomas Reinke                            Tel: (416) 460-7021
Director of Technology                   Fax: (416) 598-2319
E-Soft Inc.                         http://www.e-softinc.com