Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Lo
Subject Re: [GENERAL] IPC Problems - URGENT !
Date
List pgsql-general
Anthony Brock wrote:

> I am in a similar position to the person below.  I am trying to install
> Postgres 6.5beta3 on a Solaris 7 machine (64-bit libraries installed) using
> egcs-1.1.2 and receive the following when trying to run the 'postmaster -i'
> command:
>
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
> size=1073152, permission=600
> FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region
>
> Does anyone have some pointers on how to fix this?  Or any idea what the
> problem is?  Thanks in advance,

Using ipcs to list shared resources, ipcrm to remove one.  The id is the
number listed under shmid by ipcs.

--
Kevin Lo                        | Linpus Technologies Inc.
kevinlo@linpus.com.tw           | http://www.linpus.com.tw