Re: [SQL] DataStyle - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From José Soares
Subject Re: [SQL] DataStyle
Date
List pgsql-sql
Remigiusz Sokolowski ha scritto:

> Hi!
> I did something like that:
> torell=> set DataStyle to 'ISO';
>
> and get something like this:
> NOTICE:  Unrecognized variable datastyle
> SET VARIABLE
>
> I try also with 'European' DataStyle - I remeber, that sometime ago this
> command functions OK, and we've made no changes in configuration of
> database.

hygea=> set DateStyle to 'ISO';
SET VARIABLE

> So my question is:
> If there is a way to set DataStyle manually?
> And if it is possible to set it default 'European' to all users?
> As I saw it seems, that every user has its own settings of this.
>         TIA
>         Rem

You can do this job in three different ways:
                    1. Setting PGDATESTYLE environment variable for everey client
as:                       export PGDATESTYLE='sql,european'   # this format is:
dd/mm/yyyy
                    2. Running postmaster using -oe parameter to set format                       date to 'European'
convention.
                    3. Changing the following variables:                       bool EuroDates = true / false
          int  DateStyle =                                        USE_ISO_DATES
USE_POSTGRES_DATES                                       USE_ISO_DATES
USE_SQL_DATES                                       USE_GERMAN_DATES                       on
~/src/backend/utils/init/globals.cfile before PostgreSQL

installation).

PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3
Jose'